Laser Therapy In Mesa, AZ
What is Laser Therapy?
How does Laser Therapy work?
LASER therapy can alleviate pain, reduce inflammation and accelerate recovery from a wide range of acute and chronic clinical conditions. Significant reduction in swelling has been noted as well as tissues are better able to move fluids out through lymphatic drainage pathways.
Cleared by the FDA in 2003, Class IV LASER therapy has become standard of care for many musculoskeletal injuries. Class IV LASERs can penetrate over 4 inches into the deep musculoskeletal tissue. The number of treatments required depends on the nature of the problem and the length of time the patient has been affected by it. Some conditions may be resolved with as few as one treatment. However, chronic and/or deep-seated conditions may take as many as 10 treatments.
LASER therapy technology has been recently endorsed by professional organizations such as the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), World Health Organization (WHO) and International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP). There are no known side effects from LASER therapy and the results are long lasting.
Conditions Treated by Laser Therapy
Soft Tissue Injuries
- Back and Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Myofascical Trigger Points
- Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Sprains, Strains
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Plantar Fascitis
Degenerative Joint Conditions
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
Benefits of LASER Therapy
- Biostimulation including improved metabolism & increased cell metabolism
- Improved blood circulation and vasodilatation (blood supply)
- Analgesic (pain relieving) effect
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-edematous effects
- Acceleration of tissue repair and wound healing
- Relieves acute and chronic pains
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates and improves nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
- Reduces inflammation
- Angiogenesis (improved circulation)
- Reduction in fibrous tissue (scar tissue) formation
- Releases Nitric Oxide
- Increase ATP Production
- Increase Fibroblast Migration
- Increase Macrophage Activity
- Increase Keratinocyte Activity
- Increase RNA DNA Synthesis
- Increase Enzyme Production
- Increase SOD Production
Laser Therapy Results
How can I get started with IASTM?
Do you have one of the symptoms listed above? Are you suffering from pain? Are you not able to breeze through your daily tasks anymore? If so, Laser Therapy may be for you.
Contact our (insert city) physical therapy office today to request your appointment and meet with one of our dedicated physical therapists who will determine the best course of treatment for you. Don’t suffer through life any longer – take a stand with physical therapy!